chewing gum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If gum stuck in hair (child/cat/dog etc !) use peanut butter - rub/massage into hair, and gently pull out - it does work - I have tried it on my daughter when she was 5 and had waist-legnth hair!

Sponsored Links
Or stick said child in the freezer for a few hours, the gum will become brittle and flake off.

The freezing method does work as I used ice cubes to harden the gum my child left on the back seat of my car and then scraped it off. It tok a while but it worked.

Sponsored Links
First heat with a hairdryer (taking care not to melt or overheat the article) and whilst doing so dab the area with a plastic bag which as the gum gets tacky will adhere to the plastic bag. Once you have most of the gum off then rub A well known brand of muscle rub (normally makes your muscles nice and warm :D) into the gum and you will see it completely melt and disappear. I kid you not this works fantastically well and only leaves you with washing the article or wiping it to get rid of the smell of the well known brand of muscle rub :LOL:

Sorry had to edit it as I realised it would be construed as advertising the product!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back