Dogs and dandruff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dogs too long hair was severally cropped back a couple of months ago, since when she has had quite bad dandruff on her back. The past week and a half, I have been adding around a teaspoon of cod liver oil per day to her evening meal, after reading that advice on line as a possible solution. It does seem to have worked.

Sponsored Links
If you meant Head and Shoulders, no that is not suitable for dogs - I use a proper dog shampoo on her.

Be careful you don’t overdose the dog with cod liver oil. A week or so ago when we had our dog groomed, the groomer noted a bit of dandruff/dry skin. She recommended we get some oatmeal shampoo and use it every three or four weeks. I’ve bought it but not used it yet.

Sponsored Links
If you meant Head and Shoulders, no that is not suitable for dogs - I use a proper dog shampoo on her.

7E745B45-2CDF-4474-877A-D22AB9170927.gif

Try a teaspoon of coconut oil daily, placed on your hand the dogs love to lap it up and it works wonders for the coat and keeps fleas away.

Good quality food, check if allergic to any (a big dried food diet or low quality can cause issues) and brush the doggy daily.
You may find the dog has always had dandruff, you may have just not noticed with long hair :)

Try evening primrose oil for coat/skin condition I tab A day.
You can't overdose any excess is just pee'd out.
Oatmeal shampoo is good for clearing skin conditions.
Used to show setters at championship show level for many years its a beauty contest coat condition very important!

Sponsored Links
Back