Budgies peck kitchen wallpaper through lining paper to plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I got new expensive wooden blinds which they nibbled to lace. Then I covered the blinds so they sat on top and nibbled walls to plaster. I've covered with cardboard (which they're nibbling. They'll soon get back to chewing wallpaper.)

Not sure how to mend the wallpaper. About 7cm square. Another hole 4 cm square. They've also stopped producing the paint colour.

IMG_2884.JPG I feel I'm living in a hovel; how can I do a reasonable repair? Thanks for any tips (apart from eating the budgies)

Sponsored Links
Run some filler across the hole, and rub it down level, and then paper the wall with lining paper, and use a paint that will make it a feature wall.

Toys will keep them amused, cuttlefish will help them keep their beaks trim, and a bigger cage will deal with all the problem completely.

Sponsored Links
Nige - they have plenty of everything, believe me. Doggitt, their cage is so big (with opening roof) I have trouble carrying it. But they still need to fly round. The wallpaper is plain.
Repellent spray doesn't work. I looked at bird spikes for outside wall but they're for large pigeons - budgies would perch in between.
I'd really like a means of doing a local repair as I don't feel like repapering entire wall including window recess. The wallpaper is plain.

Thanks for all your replies.

The filler will act as a local repair, but you'll need to be a bit more carefull sanding it down if you're not going to repaper the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back