Build it back

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I posted that a few hours ago in the 'Crooked pub’ thread. Keep up.

I wonder what standards they will use to build it back bearing in mind generally things are built level and vertical and suchlike.

Or will they just get someone of Checkatrade who can build wonky by default? :unsure:

Enforcement of rebuilds or removing un-authorised extensions needs to be speeded up.

Break the rules - suffer the consequences

Sponsored Links
They will presumably be required to build it back crooked, otherwise it wouldn't be the Crooked House. There'd be no point in a "Used to be Crooked House" pub that wasn't even old.

It's owned by a limited company with a limited share capital, so unless there other assets of value, I doubt there will be a re build. Council is unlikely to have the assets to carry out works in default. A CPO is a possibility but as it is a listed building the owners can require the Council to buy it back iirc. So nothing, zilch, diddly squat will happen.

It's owned by a limited company with a limited share capital, so unless there other assets of value, I doubt there will be a re build. Council is unlikely to have the assets to carry out works in default. A CPO is a possibility but as it is a listed building the owners can require the Council to buy it back iirc. So nothing, zilch, diddly squat will happen.
Perhaps they own the building land.

"It's owned by a limited company with a limited share capital, so unless there other assets of value, I doubt there will be a re build."

The directors are also charged personally.

The directors can be personally prosecuted in addition to the company but they will have a defence that the property was structurally unsound, which is why the police/Council are dithering over charges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back