Building Control for a bathroom refurb?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to update our bathroom and take down the wall between it and the toilet to provide space for a shower.

Apart from the electrical Part P requirements, is there any requirement to notify Building Control?

The wall between the bathroom and toilet is a stud wall and non-load bearing. A shower will be added and the existing bath, basin and toilet will be replaced and moved around within the new area and the existing toilet door will be filled in with studwork and plasterboard.

The drainage system externally will not be altered.

Richard

Sponsored Links
I will have to move the plumbing to accommodate the revise layout. Won't this be a BC issue? Not sure why it should be but it does say so in the several BC guidelines I've found on the web.

Richard

Altering waste pipes into an existing drain connection does not need any permission

Sponsored Links
What about the hot and cold supplies that I've got to move around in the bathroom, is this notifiable. All the necessary pipework is there, I just need to re-route for the new fittings.

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back