Building cupboard around Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, just wondered if anyone can give me some advice?

Just finishing off renovating a house we bought a while back and down to last internal job - what to do with the Greenstar 24i junior boiler??

Looks like it was installed in Novemeber 2011 and looks and works really well, but it is a it of an eyesore in a nice kitchen (and pipes are particularly ugly).

The chippy who has done some great work suggested putting a matching cupboard over it and it looks like I can get my hands on some fittings to make a double cupboard (2 doors to make 100cm wide in total and 120cm tall & side panels that would give me up to 60cm deep).

Firstly, would it be OK to enclose it in these dimensions? I've looked online at the manufacturers spec and am struggling with the terms used i.e. ventilated and unventilated compartments.

Secondly, if it is OK then should I just leave the space either side of enclosed boiler free, or look to use these by perhaps putting in some shelving?

Any help or pointers would be great.

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
My boiler used to be in a kitchen wall cupboard. If you do it them make sure service access is available and it is properly ventilated. Mine had top and bottom of the cupboard removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back