Boiler Kitchen Cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Not sure if I have posted this in the correct forum however here goes, I have a potterton profile 50e boiler in the kitchen, (ugly looking thing) the house we have moved into has recently (couple of years or so) had a new kitchen fitted however they did not have a cupboard built around the boiler.

I would like to house it in a custom cupboard I intend on building which would give 10cm gap either side. Top and bottom would be fully open apart from structure and the whole unit will be removable for maintenance etc when neccessary.

We can still get a matching door, cornice and pelmet from the kitchen manufacturer that matches the rest of the kitchen so hopefully I can make it work.

What I really need to know is there a reason that they did not have it put in a cupboard when the kitchen was first put in health and safety or regulations etc...

Not sure if this is any help but it is an open vented system and the flue goes out the top and through the wall to the outside.

Many thanks for any advice/help given,

Lee

Sponsored Links
Check your manufacturers instructions for recommended clearances, but you should be able to put it in a cupboard

That's a coincidence. We are currently staying in a flat on the south coast and, for the first couple of hours, after our arrival. were looking where the boiler might be. It's in a cupboard, in the dining room. It has adequate internal space around it and, from the front, it matches other fittings, cupboards etc, on that wall and, in my opinion, looks a great deal better than some of these bulky, exposed boilers. There is a sticker on the boiler, courtesy of British Gas, advising on the usual sensible precautions, ie, not blocking air vents etc so, I think, there are no great problems in your proposals. This flat is rented, holiday accommodation and, i suppose, would be subject to quite stringent regulations regarding boiler, flue,vent siting etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back