Bulbs still flickering with LED dimmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Replaced old light bulbs and then replaced standard dimmer switch with MK 1G LED Universal Dimmer. However, bulbs still flicker if you rotate from lowest light level. Beginning to think bulbs somehow not compatible with dimmer? Only other control on switch is “trimmer” to adjust initial brightness. Have fiddled with that but still no cigar.

Any wisdom much appreciated as usual.

These are bulbs.

Thanks

Attachments

• DAAF7C8D-9702-4283-883E-8F1CE29E9E43.jpeg
    DAAF7C8D-9702-4283-883E-8F1CE29E9E43.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
I had same problem G9-comp.jpgthe two bulbs shown are G9, the large one has a smoothing capacitor nearly as big as the small bulb. And there is nothing on the spec of the bulbs to tell you which is which. In fact the large bulb is technically not permitted as it does not have watts and lumen on the bulb or packet.

I have 6 G9 bulbs in the house, and 20 spare bulbs where I bought and tried different bulbs until one worked.

Some manufacturers publish a compatibility chart but the one linked for me did not help. It seems all we can do is suck it and see.

I have given up with smart wall switches, still use two, but now moved to smart bulbs, so the bulb does the dimming not the switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back