Problems with dimmable LED spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having issues with my new LED GU10 spotlights (Mains voltage)

I bought some Varilight V-Pro dimmers, rated 10w - 250w. Each circuit has 6x 3w LED's connected.

The bulbs are dimmable.

I connected them to the new dimmers, and at full brightness every few seconds the lights flicker. At full brightness the load is 18w, so should be fine?

I replaced 1 of the bulbs in one of the circuits with a 50w halogen bulb, and the lights continued to flicker, which really got me confused!

I have bought good quality dimmers and bulbs, and previously the circuits were using standard Varilight dimmers with 50w bulbs, and everything was fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
You have two dimmers connected to the circuit? Try it with one dimmer and one standard 2-way switch and see what happens

You have two dimmers connected to the circuit? Try it with one dimmer and one standard 2-way switch and see what happens

No, I have 2 circuits of 6 LED's, each of which has a dimmer switch.

1 other thing I forgot to mention, when I connected all 12 LED's to the same gang on the dimmer switch, it worked fine. I would expect this to mean there was a load issue, but 5 LED's and 1 50w halogen was also flickering?!

Any more ideas? I don't want to return return the dimmers as faulty and then look stupid when they are not :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
lightrabbit.co.uk has new LED dimmers. Pretty smooth with no flicker trailing edge - this should sort the problem out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back