bungalow with concrete walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am buying a 2 bed 1940's bungalow which needs lots of work,however i have just had the survey carried out and been informed it is not of traditional build and has concrete walls,i have been told i should be ok with my mortgage as i am with the halifax which is one of a few lenders that lend to non traditional build,but am concerned just how much it will affect the resale value once i have improved the dwelling.If anyone has any information on this it would be greatfully received.

Sponsored Links
What make of house is it? Some types are on the designated defective list and others are not.

not sure yet should know more from surveyer on tuesday will let you know thanks for now

Sponsored Links
if it`s after `45/46 then it`s probably a "prefab" - put up to house bombed out city dwellers and demobbed servicemen and families :idea: have a google - interesting social history - possibly a pile of poo :eek: but a good redevelopment site . Caveat Emptor and Good Luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back