Burmatex Caret Tiles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just popped over from the plumbing/heating forum to respectfully request any assistance you can give.

As part of a chlorination process in a public building I managed to 'drip' 25 minute beads of concentrated fluid along a common hallway. One drip per carpet tile in fact.

This has, well, burnt out the colour from the pile. The tiles in question are BURMAFLEX, with a code of 3156. Its a sort of blue/turquoise/green/dark grey effect. Due to the uneven fading through sunlight/wear&tear a close match is not gonna be good enough really. Sooooo has anyone ever tried to dye these tiles, or indeed got a spare box of them just waiting for a use?

Drips/Leakages of fluids are, of course, part of being a plumbing contractor, and this is by far the worst incident - so far - lessons have been learnt.... :!:

All assistance gratefully acknowledged. (I do suspect that the Pro advice will be, redo the entire hallway, already had a qoute of £1500, would need to then approach my insurers)

Dreadnought

P.S I could post a piccie of the damage upon request (even if only to gloat over) ;)

Sponsored Links
your problem is colour match between the different batches. Normally a floor layer will leave tiles spare?

You could maybe take tiles from another area that are not seen and use these to replace them and maybe pay for cleaning of the rest of the tiles as compensation?

I will have a quick now and see if i have any of them tiles and maybe you purchase a box and put the new ones near the edge of the room and use the older ones in the damaged area to try for best colour match. I will get back to you if we have them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back