C.H Pressure Rising?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Seen some great help to others on here so thought i'd chance my luck you could help me.
Had a Halstead AceHigh C.H fitted about 6 years ago and the pressure was 1.8 hot when installed now it's 2.3 when hot. About 3 years ago i had a problem with it cutting out and left the guy to get on with it and he somehow lowered the pressure back down to 1.8 - now it's creeping up again.
Is this a problem with rising pressure? and if so is it just a matter of draining some water out?

Sponsored Links
2 probable causes.

The filler loop has been left connected and is letting by.

The plate heat exchanger is leaking internally.

Many thanks for replies. Would i be correct in thinking ill be ok if i drain some water out the bottom radiator where the outlet thingy is?
I know it's not ideal but as i say it only gets this bad after approx 3 years.

Did notice Halstead are troublesome in a post lower down - trust my luck!

Would you be able to advise me on my shower problem post?

Sponsored Links
Yes you can let out a little pressure out of the drain valve on your pipework or rad.

If you let out too much just top back up.

I wouldn't have thought that it is due to a cracked DHW exchanger or passing filling loop valve if it only happens every three years ( although I do agree this can be a cause in some cases as doitall mentions)

Could possibly be the expansion vessel starting to lose pressure and needs topping up, you'd need an engineer to know for sure I'm afraid.

BTW Halsteads are fine I've fitted loads after having problems with most of the supposed top makes, very few problems, the one in my own house is just entering it's seventh year without so much as a gurgle out of place.

The only problem is the slight loss of pressure due to a minor weep on a rad valve that leaked when I installed the system all those years ago, I do change the cloth underneath it now and again and must get around to repairing it one day.

Many thanks for reply, i'll have some time the weekend so i will let it out slowly until around 1.8 as when fitted.

Am I missing something here, perhaps the flue has affected the reasoning.

Em, I would have thought the was now, new even, not something thats been working up to a peak for 3 years. :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back