C/H pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if I fitted a C/H pump to my hot water gravity 22mm flow feed and a inline flow switch would I get any improvement in pressure, I'm not after anything like a booster pump performance!! but wondered if it would help overcome the restriction at the shower hose, and if it would work what type of switch would I need to cope with the hot water,
any ideas please ,Roy

Sponsored Links
So you have a low pressure water system and you have installed a circulator on the hot water but not on the cold, to improve the shower flow/pressure?

Hi point 1, there seems to be loads of pressure to the cold but at the moment can't access the mixer supply to check if its mains or not!! but point 2. ok that's why I asked the question, will break out the bath panel as no fixings visible it must be glued in!! and check if there are flexi tails or straight 22mm copper, the pressure is low as the cylinder is gravity fed via a small combined tank that sits on the top, the property being a flat when the shower hose is raised the heads higher than the head of the tank ? mission impossible, will pursue!! many thnks

Sponsored Links
If you're happy with an average shower fit a leccy one fed off the mains.
If you want something powerful be prepared to shell out.

They still need a bit of head on the gravity side to work with.
The ops got a fortic cylinder in a flat which means his shower head is higher than his cistern.

The cylinder as rightly described is a Fortic and assuming it was installed by a regular plumber, could it ever have worked to supply the shower with any reasonable pressure, I raised the original question re the C/H pump as I am not sure that a regular shower pump wouldn't outstrip the inflow to the cylinder from such a small gravity tank, Cheers Roy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back