Cable Runs In Loft

Invisible-Man said:
Hi,
Well I would not say that they are buried in insulation, as I have lifted all wiring (sitting on top of insulation), I was then going to board the loft with chipboard, therefore the wiring would be touching the chipboard along with the insulation.

What do you think!
:(

To qualify for Method 15, the "thermally conductive" surface must have a u-value of at least 10 W/m²K. Chipboard is only 2-3....

Sponsored Links
Whats plasterboard?, OOI?

first one to say "well its plastic sandwiched between paper.." gets a slap with a wet fish :LOL:

Could you supply me with a link to method 15 etc, also I am trying to find where the appendix 4 charts/diagrams are

Many thanks :(

Adam_151 said:
Whats plasterboard?, OOI?

first one to say "well its plastic sandwiched between paper.." gets a slap with a wet fish :LOL:
Why would anyone say that? It's plaster sandwiched between paper ;)

9.5mm baseboard is about 16.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
So touching 9.5mm plasterboard one side and touching insulation the other side of a wiring route is acceptable!

Also a link to the method 15 etc and appendix 4 diagrams would be useful

Many thanks

Invisible-Man said:
Could you supply me with a link to method 15 etc,
Wr250.jpg
http://www.iee.org/Publish/Books/WireAssoc/index.cfm?book=WR 250

also I am trying to find where the appendix 4 charts/diagrams are
Wr250.jpg
http://www.iee.org/Publish/Books/WireAssoc/index.cfm?book=WR 250

That's not the Wiring Regulations.

It's not even a guide to the Wiring Regulations.

It's a guide to one part of the Building Regulations.

The book shown above with the brown cover is the Wiring Regulations.

ban-all-sheds said:
Why would anyone say that? It's plaster sandwiched between paper ;)

:oops: Sometimes I really do think my hands ignore what my brain tells them to type in lieu of something that sounds some-what similar :LOL:

ban-all-sheds said:
That's not the Wiring Regulations.

It's not even a guide to the Wiring Regulations.

It's a guide to one part of the Building Regulations.

The book shown above with the brown cover is the Wiring Regulations.

Thanks for that, would you say that for a solution, a 1" air gap would be sufficient? Also would wrapping or laying wires in or on silver foil would help to disperse heat generated? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back