Cable tv in bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have cable tv with ntl / virgin downstairs and have run a co-ax cable to the bedroom where i can watch bbc1 bbc2 itv and channel 4 where ndo i connect the coax downstairs so i can receive all the cable channels and can both channels be viewed at the same time ?

Sponsored Links
If there's a co-ax output on your cable box, I'd connect it there. If there isn't, I think you'll have to make do with four channels upstairs. Take it you have an aerial connected to upstairs TV?

However, even if you do get it connexted, you're going to have to go downstairs to change channels, I'd suggest, and this could become a bit...tiresome.

There are items like digi-eye which work with Sky box to allow you to change channels in another room. I have one which works well.

On the instructions it says how it can also be used with other boxes but never tried it. See Here for instructions so you can read yourself.

I understand there is another product which has two pyramid shaped units that will relay any remote control but never seen one.

If there is no RF output then you can use a Universal RF Modulator I use this one. I would not say it is very good as the RF output is not well filtered and you do need to be careful selecting a frequency which will not interfere with other items but if your not receiving freeview then not too much to interfere with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back