Calorifiers venting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have two 300l direct calorifiers installed together as a pair for domestic hot water. One is a heatrae sadiaa, the other isnt.

Im getting water issuing from the drain outside, so I reduced the length of the pipe from the T&PR valve, and it was dry on both, and then the one on the first calorifiers pressure reducer on the cold incoming, and it was trickling cold water. Assuming I had found the problem, I noted that it was 8 bar and was about to call the plumber, but decided to check the other one on the other calorifier. That too was trickling, but hot water. I noticed it was a 6 bar one though.

The heatrae sadia has the expansion vessel inside it, and the other has an 18 litre external one.

Im wondering if lack of expansion space is the cause of them trickling, and if I need a certified installer to fit one, or how to size it etc.

Mainly, im curious about how it works, im not planning on getting my hands dirty.

I think its been like this since the day it was installed

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back