Cameron's pledge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13489189,00.html

For how long? before it's sold off!

he mentions the subsidy for going private being resinded, i wonder if that will affect the payment you get from private insurance if you go NHS?

previously the tory solution to "monster's out of control" was to break them up and sell them off, remember British Rail? What a success story that has turned into! :LOL:

Sell it off and lose control, sounds like good tactics, wonder if it would work in football? sell your key players and success is imminent, just ask Arsenal fans. :D

Sponsored Links
Don't believe a word he says. At the tory conference, in his much applauded speech, he said the torys would not (like the nasty new labour party) close special needs schools. Meanwhile Wandsworth council (tory flagship) was busy shutting down a er.......special needs school.

Cameron is fron the same vacuous, truthless, deceitful factory as tony bliar as the stupid people who elected him may one day discover, too late.

Oh is the NHS working then after 48hrs to save it?

How many 48hrs does Blair want?

Don't trust either of them

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
Kendor as regards the rail service--i think it was a case of had to sell it cause it would have cost too much to put it right and i think the truth of that has been seen

It was a better run service at a lower cost then than it is now........

1980 cost £15 same day return from B,ham to London-----I'll sit down before you tell me how much it is today. :confused:

I was thinking of the operating costs rather than the fares, and the HUGE subsidies that the train operators get paid.

I reckon the railway privatisation was bordering on criminal myself. Granted it was in a mess and would have cost the public purse plenty to sort out, but look what as happened.

Originally the railways ran the trains and owned (and let out) a vast ammount of prime property as well as arches etc. Stations were rent free(so to speak) and rentals went into the pot to help with running costs and fares.

Virtually overnight these two parts were split up which effectively meant the profitable bits could no longer "help" the other areas, they went into already very full pockets instead.

The rubbish bits are now back in public subsidy and a day spot ticket from Manchester to London is over £200 return! :eek: and they say they want us out of cars, no wonder! Dick Turpin couldn't of done better than this blatant robbery.

The Gov (This and the last one) are not innocent either, one instigated the above racket and this one overcharges the operators for track use then blames them for the ticket cost!

I have no figures, but I reckon if the surplus property had been sold and the money used more wisely we would have a far better system.

Trouble is this is the UK and pocketlining appears to take precedence over commonsense. Certainly an odd way to run a country.

There was an article on the Manchester tea time news(Granada Reports) last week freddie and I kid you not. The reporter went into Piccadily station and asked for an open return ticket for that day and was quoted either £204 or £206, I was only half listening and it made me look at the telly. He then went into the Airport and it was slightly dearer, moreso when you included the extra cost of getting from Heathrow into the city.

His conclusion was that you need to really plan ahead and may have to travel at a time you may not want to do.
The cheapest option was by bus followed by car, especially if there are a few of you.

I was talking to someone the other day who travelled from Cambridge to Warrington. There were 3 people and it was cheaper for a one way car rental than using the train, even after the fuel.

Unless you get off peak or special deals, on the spot rail or plane prices are hellish dear.

Sponsored Links
Back