Just for CHW

Sponsored Links
Seriously, I did go to Liverpool on a day trip. Beautiful city,, lots to see and do. Great architecture., great pubs and great people. ;) ;) ;)

Many/most of the list are incorrect, as I attended the Centenary of the Liver building, and it's history was spelled, and the history of the Liverpool...there are too many to spell out...get real!

Sponsored Links
At a ramdom search

In 1679 Liverpool's Mayor founded the first charity for sailors.

In 1715 Steer's Old Dock in Canning Place was the first wet dock to be controlled by flood gates.

In 1758 the Lyceum was built, the first circulating library.

In 1763 the first lighthouses to use parabolic mirrors were built by Liverpool's dock Master at Hoylake & Bidston.

In 1770 work began on the Leeds - Liverpool canal, the longest & highest in Britain.

In 1786 Great Howard Street housed the first purpose built prison.

In 1791 the first school for the blind opened in Commutation Row.

In 1793 Liverpool became the first & only municipality with the right to issue it's own money.

In 1803 the world's first Underwriter's Association was founded in Liverpool.

In 1825 the world's first school for deaf people opened in Liverpool.

In 1830 the world's first passenger railway line was built by the Liverpool & Manchester Railway Company.

In 1838 the first travelling Post Office began running between Liverpool & Birmingham.

In 1840 Cunard's wooden-paddle steamer Britannia ran the first scheduled transatlantic passenger service.

In 1840 Liverpool appointed Britain's first borough engineer.

In 1840 the world's first photograph developing & printing service began in Liverpool.

In 1841 Brunswick Buildings was the first purpose built office block.

In 1841 The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (later RSPCA) was founded.

In 1842 the first public baths & wash houses appeared in Upper Frederick Street.

In 1845 Liverpool was the destination of the first package tour.

In 1847 Dr Duncan became the world's first Medical Officer.

In 1859 Liverpool became the first city to pay a nurse to look after the poor.

In 1860 Liverpool built the first public library.

In 1861 a Liverpool made gun fired the first shot of the American Civil War.

Seems to tally up to me.

Strange that facts and reality collide, as I have extensively investigated the Leeds / Liverpool canal, that an extension runs by my house, but you are able to post non facts regarding that, so your source seems a strange one. Quoting data from non verified data is a strange tract. WHY make data up That has been researched by others? The other information is the unverifyable, so made up. Can you confirm the source?

I have spent many years, doing research, about the Leeds/Liverpool canal, what you write, is complete and utter nonsense. Most made up, and complete fantasy.

Fact and reality collide?? Care to expand on that??

Rather than provoke, why not simply point out the error(s) you allude to. Afterall, you've just told us you are something of an authority on the subject.

Fact and reality collide?? Care to expand on that??

Rather than provoke, why not simply point out the error(s) you allude to. Afterall, you've just told us you are something of an authority on the subject.

I think you will have to wait until my book is pubished, that I'm writing, about my area. But you know you won't be getting a copy.

FFS

You are the one challenging posts, so you post the valid, correction. That's how it works. It's not a difficult concept, to most people anyway.

No one has stated you are factually incorrect - yet, because you ain't posted anything.

And stay away from the water.

CBH you seem to be comparing liverpool with cumbria. Also look at the negatives, compare statistics for car crime, murder, burglaries, stabbings, rapes, hooliganism, riots, those claiming benefits etc.

I wonder which area would be an out and out winner? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back