Keep An Open Mind EU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
But here's my take on the situation...

The EU is systematically, (slowly but surely) running the UK into the ground.
This how it unfolded so far, and what the Disastrous Unelected EU, has cost Britain in lost businesses, over 40+ Years of membership.
1. Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with €190m EU grant.
2. Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with a total of €190m EU grant.(http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/100...80m_EU_loan_for_Ford_s_Turkish_Transit_plant/)
3. Jaguar Land Rover agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
4. Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
5. British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
6. Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
7. Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
8. M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
9. Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
10. Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
11. Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
12. Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
13. Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Parkafoam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
14. Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
15. ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
16. Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
17. JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.

Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU

The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.

I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Find something that's gone the other way, moved from an EU Country to here!

Why does the EU have a non disclosure agreement attached to all its funding, why would it not want people to know?
Why has no accounting firm in the world signed off the EU accounts for over a decade?
Why does the EU target academia for preferential funding?
Food mountains, and the reasons behind them all, and what has replaced them?
When was the idea EU first planned?
Who are the Bilderbergers?
Who owns the banks?
Who is Benjamin Freedman?
Why did the Americans enter WW1?
If you can answer these questions, then and only then, you may begin to understand why knowledgeable people want to leave the EU.

The EU is a dream that has turned into a nightmare.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant, and all very true. The sooner this corrupt heap of destructive eu rubbish implodes, the better for Europe.
Merkel, Drunker and the rest of the eu dictatorship are the curse of Europe.

Sponsored Links
I found lies in the first two lines and could not be bothered with the rest. Dismissed it as more poorly researched RWR crap. You lot are really getting desperate now that your precious Brexit is slowly turning into the worst pile of poo imaginable.

Brexit lol.

But here's my take on the situation...

The EU is systematically, (slowly but surely) running the UK into the ground.
This how it unfolded so far, and what the Disastrous Unelected EU, has cost Britain in lost businesses, over 40+ Years of membership.
1. Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with €190m EU grant.
2. Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with a total of €190m EU grant.(http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/100...80m_EU_loan_for_Ford_s_Turkish_Transit_plant/)
3. Jaguar Land Rover agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
4. Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
5. British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
7. Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
8. M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
9. Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
10. Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
11. Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
12. Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
13. Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Parkafoam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
14. Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
15. ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
16. Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
17. JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.

Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU

The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.

I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Find something that's gone the other way, moved from an EU Country to here!

Why does the EU have a non disclosure agreement attached to all its funding, why would it not want people to know?
Why has no accounting firm in the world signed off the EU accounts for over a decade?
Why does the EU target academia for preferential funding?
Food mountains, and the reasons behind them all, and what has replaced them?
When was the idea EU first planned?
Who are the Bilderbergers?
Who owns the banks?
Who is Benjamin Freedman?
Why did the Americans enter WW1?
If you can answer these questions, then and only then, you may begin to understand why knowledgeable people want to leave the EU.

The EU is a dream that has turned into a nightmare.
JohnD and Ellal,, ",yes,,,but give us an example of how the EU effects you,,you never have!!!"

I found lies in the first two lines and could not be bothered with the rest. Dismissed it as more poorly researched RWR crap. You lot are really getting desperate now that your precious Brexit is slowly turning into the worst pile of poo imaginable.

Brexit lol.
EU....ROFL.

I wonder if the EU went to all those businesses and said here is some money?

Or did they all go to the EU and asked for money, for any reason?

To stay, or get more competitive, they might have been considering moving to outside the EU? That would move jobs from the EU, and make imports higher too of course. Dyson being 1, especially as he is a brexiteer! Seen the point, opposite to that you thought you had highlighted!

But brexiteers want cheaper imports, the whole crux of their arguments. "free to trade with other countries".

Brexiteers need to wake up. What do you want? Cheaper imports or a stronger country?

Posting along list of "facts" without reference to credible sources is just a waste of time, this list has been knocking around for couple of years

Who owns Ford? Why did they sell JLR to Tata?

If we were never in the EU these companies would still have acted the same way.

Some people can't differentiate fact from fiction.

I wonder if the EU went to all those businesses and said here is some money?

Or did they all go to the EU and asked for money, for any reason?

To stay, or get more competitive, they might have been considering moving to outside the EU? That would move jobs from the EU, and make imports higher too of course. Dyson being 1, especially as he is a brexiteer! Seen the point, opposite to that you thought you had highlighted!

But brexiteers want cheaper imports, the whole crux of their arguments. "free to trade with other countries".

Brexiteers need to wake up. What do you want? Cheaper imports or a stronger country?
Remoaners get over yourselves,thats what i like

I don't know much about the details of the listed items but one caught my eye:

So, are you saying the EU bribed - with a loan - this brexiter to move production to Malaysia?

Why did this brexiter not tell the EU to sling its hook and keep production is his beloved Britain.

Does anyone think the reason might possibly be GREED.

Sponsored Links
Back