Can’t remove Geberit flush valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’ve been having issues with a running toilet for a while now. Had a plumber come out to fix it but the problem went from a running toilet to a noisier problem where you can occasionally hear it refilling in short sharp bursts...and it’s still running.

From what I can tell it it might be an easy fix but I can’t find a way to remove the flush valve. Tried twisting and pulling, no luck, and I can’t see any “J” clips either. The cistern is quite narrow too which doesn’t help, and I don’t want to be too forceful in case part of the plastic breaks

Any tips on how to remove it before I have to call a different plumber out?

Sponsored Links
Hi Paul,

Any chance of a photo, so we can see what we’re working with?

Hi Paul,

Any chance of a photo, so we can see what we’re working with?

This is the same model valve

fae-rr-series-flush-valve-223.830.21.1-aka-223.200.21.1-c-w-small-button-fv12-252725-p.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like a bayonet style, so twist anti clockwise and lift, if this isn’t doing anything, than the bottom half of the fitting maybe twisting as well, which would need the cistern removing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back