Can a pir be connected to alarm pannel with coax cable

Been putting power down coax for years

what current though ?

this system is going to be installed by alarm expert .....

not if he uses your coax he isnt ( and thats before I get onto trading standards issues )

exactly the kind of lash up you yourself probably post about seeeing on your own boards

Sponsored Links
There are good wireless systems out there now, although I would not want to install wireless unless have too (too much EMFI in the air as it is.

Cant see any company not doing this as there is a BSEN number for such devices.

Be it a TV coax, alarm cable telephone cable there is regs for installtion and seeing some bad TV coax intsalls and lightening damage you realise why the regs are there.

You would have no tamper unless the system used a 4 wire "device" ID but what would concern me is the "impeadance of the coax" and how it would affect the CC of the panel.

Sponsored Links
securityinstaller, i dont want to be the one to tell you, but you will be arguing with...............

as Europlex just mentioned, the OP no longer posts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back