Can an oil boiler go in a bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would we be able to have a combi oil boiler fitted into a purpose-built cupboard in our bathroom?

The room itself is downstairs and would be using a balanced flu straight out through a solid brick wall.

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
If the boiler is room sealed and the compartment secured with a key ( to protect against contact with electrical controls ) then I dont see any reason why not.

Tony

compartment secured with a key
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Or you could follow the guidense in Oftec technical book 3.

"When appliances are installed within a bathroom/shower room the electrical connections to the appliance should be safe, the appliance outer casing or compartment should enclose switches and controls so a person using bath or shower cannot touch them. Electrical works should meet the requirements of BS7671."

Could find a better use for lock and key. ;)

the appliance outer casing or compartment should enclose switches and controls so a person using bath or shower cannot touch them.

What better way to stop anyone touching them than using a lock and key?

Tony

Sponsored Links
compartment secured with a key
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Or you could follow the guidense in Oftec technical book 3.

"When appliances are installed within a bathroom/shower room the electrical connections to the appliance should be safe, the appliance outer casing or compartment should enclose switches and controls so a person using bath or shower cannot touch them. Electrical works should meet the requirements of BS7671."

Not oil, but that would explain why the combi in the bathroom of a house I have just bought has a padlock on the casing over the controls. I thought it was to keep the tenants hands from adjusting the knobs!! :LOL:

All the padlocked boiler controls that I have ever seen were protected to stop the tenants and not with any electrical safety issues in mind.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back