can anyone explain in English...please? poss one for BAS

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What a lot of tosh.

I was particularly impressed with this factoid, presumably explaining why they can't explain how it works*; "Jack Bybee’s Quantum Purifiers were originally developed for military applications, many of which are still highly classified"

It doesn't. Someone should report them to the ASA and demand that they prove their claims

Words fail me (click pic to see punchline)...

http://bybeetech.com/?page_id=2 said:
Large Regular Quantum Purifiers are typically used in AC applications, and with loudspeaker transducers. Specially shielded using ERS Stealth carbon fiber material.

Specifications:
Length: 2 inches
Diameter: 1/2 inch
Leads: one inch, 14 gauge copper
Current-handling: 15 A
Voltage: >1000 V
Resistance: 0.025 ohm
MSRP: $200 each (see pricing note below)

Put Bybee and R A together in a room and get them to debate whose is the best invention..........Then leave them to it, maybe lock the door and lose the key.

It is a problem deciding what you want to hear. The Japanese radios are designed for higher pitched voices than the European the old FT290R had a capacitor which needed crunching out for the deeper male European voice.

Do remember this is for military applications they are not worried about if the audio is a true representative of the original sound in fact quite the opposite they distort the sound to make it easier to understand the human voice. The whole idea of band pass filters is to be able to amplify just a part of the audio spectrum.

This is a problem with music as the range we want to hear is far wider. The problem is from the microphone to the speaker very few of the devices are linear. So the idea is to alter the amplifier to compensate for the non linear problems of the microphone, recording medium and speaker.

I first noticed this some 55 years ago when learning the organ and recording what I had played then listening to the result. It never seemed to sound like what I thought it should until the point where I played it back through the organs own speakers.

In the main it is the speakers which let us down and what we attempt to do is match the signal to the speaker to compensate. So the whole idea of mixing record deck, amplifier and speakers is flawed. Using a graphic equaliser we have at least a chance but we need to look at the speaker data and match to the data not simply move the sliders until it sounds as we like it.

I remember some 50 odd years ago being asked to repair a radio. It has three triode valves and we found these were no longer made. However we had found a smashed transistor radio which worked and we grafted this into the old set placing the new speaker where it would not be seen between old one and radio front and hid the transistor components as much as possible. We told the old lady who owned it we could not get the original valves so she would have to use a 9 volt battery instead of the original 90 volt one. Rather tongue in cheek but we simply could not get the original valves.

2 months latter I met the lady on the street and she stopped me to say how well the radio worked. She had not needed to get the accumulator charged once (of course all it did was light the valves which were no longer used.) and the sound was so much better than these modern transistor radios. I did not have the heart to tell her it was a transistor radio in her old case.

It is the emperors new cloths. It's altogether a con.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back