1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone help identify this shower enclosure?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Spacekiduk, 26 Oct 2012.

1. Spacekiduk

Spacekiduk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hey folks, I wondered if anyone could help identify this shower enclosure;

We bought it from B&Q years ago! (prob about 10+ years ago)

Basically, reason I ask, is in the 2nd picture you can see the bracket is broken, It seems to be one big bendy bracket (plastic) so I wondered if it could be bought as a single piece to repair.

Alternatively, where it is broken off, is actually a joint itself, so I guess a similar size bit of plastic with the correct holes would fit.

Any help would be massively appreciated,

Kind regards,

Sean

2. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You could repair with a angled bracket at the wall fitted so plate sticks out from wall and fits inside rail then secure with self tappers.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Spacekiduk

Spacekiduk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I just took a close up if it helps,

You can see, the part going into the wall is screwed in (once that glue stuff comes off you can see the screws) and also the other end has a slide-type thing that I guess gripped on to the other side and was then tightened together.

It was a couple of years since it broke, I should have kept the part but typically didn't!

5. leakydave

leakydave

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's sometimes hard to get spares for something you bought a week ago in B&Q!

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links