Can anyone identify these switches please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'd like to replace this with 3 normal on/off switches

Presumably I can buy 3 new switches to replace the dimmer modules but can anyone let me know the make/model I need please

Alternatively suggest a standard 3 switch replacement (needs to be double width like this)

Many thanks

upload_2020-1-25_19-36-25.png

upload_2020-1-25_19-36-49.png

Sponsored Links
All Mk grid stuff is interchangeable, so apart from White you can fit other style switches and also replace the front cover.
For example you could fit a Black nickel faceplate with black switches, or silver even chrome.
988918.jpg

Sponsored Links
Likely less than £10 and not much use nowadays as they likely will not work with Led lamps, sorry:)
I think the OP wants to get rid of the dimmer modules (and sell them on eBay!) and replace them with ordinary switches.

Kind Rrgards,

John

I think the OP wants to get rid of the dimmer modules (and sell them on eBay!) and replace them with ordinary switches.

Kind Rrgards,

John
I know that John:)
He thinks there worth in excess of 30 quid each, i think not.

I know that John:) He thinks there worth in excess of 30 quid each, i think not.
Well, he knows that new MK ones cost £36 from TLC, but I doubt that he thought he was going to get in excess of £30 for them on eBay, even if they had been MK ones.

Mind you, I wouldn't do any betting, since I never cease to be amazed by how high a price people sometimes seem to manage to get on eBay for things that are not worth anything like what they sell for :)

Kind Regards, John

They look more like the MK ones to me...
Actually they might be, i was going by the knobs, I was sure Mk had chamfered and thinner knobs, but Google images suggest they dont now.
My pic was just a random pic of one such clone that fits and as you noted the white bit has a different profile.

(Cue, Securespark with his OOH MATRON comment)

Last edited:
I don't recall MK ones having a 'top' marking.... a good tell seems to be the colour match of the plate and the module... in the case of my Varilight one.... bad.

The one the op linked to is Mk and has the knobs i recall and does indeed have TOP on it
MKK4501.JPG

NEWER MK seems has normal knobs
shopping

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back