Can anyone identify this fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leaking joint in my central heating however, I've been unable to discover how to get it off. I assume its a push-fit of some sort but I can't see a release-collet.

Here's a photo of it:

If anyone can shed any light on this (manufacturer, product range, type, other advice), I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks,
BC

Sponsored Links
have you tried twisting the silver bits around, (anti-clockwise) may need a bit of force, or twist the pipes around?

make sure the water has been taken out of your hot water system beforehand

Marley Equator.

They have a collet that slides in the gap between the pipe and fitting, if your really lucky anyway.

Best to cut it out and use new fittings.

Sponsored Links
As above Equator de-mounting tool required. I wouldn't risk re-using the fitting though.

Well spotted doitall.

I've just googled marley's instructions for "demounting". Check out their pdf.

"Demounting" and replacing the tee (insuring that the three inserts are also renewed) might save you some difficulties.

But i would first be certain that the LH pipe isn't leaking and spraying the tee fitting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back