Can dogs see TV?

Sponsored Links
lastmagicbean has the answer. We cannot possibly know precisely what a dog or any other animal can see. We will know when dogs learn to talk our language!!!!!

I put some 3D glasses onto Max my Labrador and watched a scene from Spiderman III on Blu-Ray through our LED t.v.

Excitement was an understatement :cool:

Many people claim that their dogs watch TV. A lot of these dogs will actually follow the movement of objects moving around the screen and may also bark. However, the dog does not interpret the television the same way we do. The dog cannot determine what any object on the screen actually is. For example, if we can see a video of a dog running around a field, your dog will see a dark object moving around the screen and this may grab his attention and make him "watch".

The sounds of the television are also likely to gain the attention of the dog, and because they can pinpoint the directional origin of any sound they hear, they will naturally look at the TV. Most dogs, however, will differentiate between the sounds of, for example, a dog barking on TV and a real dog barking. Although unapparent to us, there will be a distinct difference which will render the TV version unimportant to your dog. Remember also, that the dog's most important sense, that of smell, is not present in television and may affect his reaction to stimuli such as the TV that is lacking scents.

You really should reveal your sourse, the above was plucked from

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081013021451AAZh74h

or

http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/resources/advice/dogs/336-dogs-watch-tv.htm[/QUOTE]

He's the worst plagiarist on the Internet.

Sponsored Links
lastmagicbean has the answer. We cannot possibly know precisely what a dog or any other animal can see. We will know when dogs learn to talk our language!!!!!

Or until we learn theirs!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Our older dog doesn't bother much with the TV but the younger one is a TV addict.

He sits and watches it and like that, if there's a ball, he'll be transfixed watching the ball then will go and look behind the TV to see where it went.

But he goes by music as well. When Emmerdale starts, he goes into the kitchen for his tea.

When the news at 10 goes on, he sits and whines and paces back and forth till he gets to his bed!

Mind you, my budgie used to be the same, as soon as the News at 10 started, he'd go into his cage and sit there and shriek until you shut the door and covered his cage up!

joinerjohn said:
The dog would get up and look underneath the TV for the ball.

We had a cat do something very similar. In fact we had two cats at the time and they took little interest in anything on TV.

But this was a close-up shot of a bird, complete with very realistic sound. One cat made a rush for the screen and tried to pounce on the bird but the other one went to the cat flap. Clever cat. You have to go out if you want to catch something on the other side of a window. ;) ;) ;)

If my dog couldn't see the TV he'd keep walking into it.
He doesn't.
So i guess he can.

I think he may be watching 'Double D, Double D' on Bravo...Shhhhh

a friend of mine has a Westie who goes berserk whenever a COW appears on tv ( and I don't mean Anne Robinson)

Sponsored Links
Back