Can I replace air pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Title should read air pressure switch. Couldn't figure out how to edit it.

Boiler is a Vaillant Turbo max. Yesterday started failing to ignite and stayed at S3 then eventually S33 (Check fan / air pressure switch). Fired up ok this morning. Called out my heating engineer He said fan was running fine so would suspect a sticking air pressure switch and would recommend changing if fault occurred again.

The boiler ran ok for a few hours then failed again, but unfortunately my engineer has now gone away for a few days holiday. I can get the part on a next day delivery. Am I correct in thinking it is a part which can be fitted by a competent engineer who is not gas safe registered? Or would I need to find another gas safe engineer?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ok I found the answer under DIY Gas. Guess I need to find another engineer.

Gas safe love that word "competent"...You can be the brains of Britain and build a hadron accelerator in your shed,,but if you are not GSR you are not "competent" to work on gas.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back