Vaillant turbomax plus - S33 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler does not ignite, neither for hot water nor heating, After a few seconds of switchingit on an 'S33' code comes up (this code stands for 'check air/flue system'). I had this problem 4 months ago, and was told to replace the air pressure switch - I did this and it solved the problem. However, 4 months later the same problem is occuring again. Would the air pressure switch develop a fault that quickly? or could it be another cause.... Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you press the i and +buttons simultaneously you will access the diagnostic codes. Scroll to d.24. This will tell you if the APS is open or closed.

Sponsored Links
Have had this acouple of times, on the aqua plus as well in my case changing the fan cured the problem it was not modulating properly but these are only fitted to the larger models so may not apply to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back