Can I sand / cement render then plaster in bathroom area?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a bit of a mental block with this one. I have just built a small side extension, which will house a shower, bath and basin. Quite simple.

The build is the usual, outer course brick, 100mm cavity wall full-fill insulation, then inner leaf is block.

What I am having trouble with is this - can I or can I not, sand / cement render the inside walls, then plaster them? Around the bath itself I will use either Knauf Aquapanel or HardieBacker board.

Sponsored Links
You can do either in the wet wall areas - a sand and lime mix (no skim required) will give you more control of plumbness and true ninety degree corners.

There's lots of info about all this on back posts on here.

I saw something called HardieBacker today in Jewson...wondering if I should use that around the bath / shower area instead of the Knauf Aquapanel?

Sponsored Links
I saw something called HardieBacker today in Jewson...wondering if I should use that around the bath / shower area instead of the Knauf Aquapanel?

Use whichever is cheaper per sqm; they're both cementitious boards designed for wet areas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back