Can I solvent weld a new toilet waste with a push fit main soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am adding a new toilet and need a new soil pipe for it . I was advised to use solvent weld where possIble. I notice the existing soil (which it will join to - see yellow in picture ) pipes may not be solvent weld.

Would this still work with solvent weld? Do you get solvent weld to push fit adapters

Attachments

• IMG_7634.JPG
    IMG_7634.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 435
Sponsored Links
Push fit soil is the norm nowadays.

Wastes - yes, solvent preferred.

The pipes are uPVC, and although the current fittings are ring seal (push fit), it is also able to be solvent welded. The offsets to get around the gutters etc on the vent section are usually glued on to prevent the whole lot moving in the wind. For soil pipework, the vast majority is usually push fit, although Terrain and the other manufacturers do offer solvent weld soil systems. Wastes though, professionals will use solvent weld pipework, (different type of plastic, ABS), but principle is the same. Looks neater, is cheaper to buy and done properly, will never leak.

You can graft a junction in as required on that stack, you'll need a slip coupling though to slot the junction as where required. Solvent welding that isn't going to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back