Can Nest be fitted to a Danfoss system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening, I am posting on behalf of my dad who has just seen the Nest smart thermostat iv fitted (with a little help from 'jackthom') he now also wants to get the kit but is unsure whether itll work with his current system. Danfoss. I have no idea how it works so the easiest way is to show you a few pictures & hopefully some one will be able to give me a yes or no...

IMG_4233_zpsfc3aa2a9.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_4231_zps728dbb7f.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_4232_zpsa74410ce.jpg
[/URL]

Any help would be great.

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Yes.

Is the short answer.

Need more contextualising pictures if you want specifics. Along with where the stat and remote sensor are in relation to each other and the rest of the heating.

That's a nice new long word.

With 15 letters I suppose you could use it in Scrabble®

Sponsored Links
So far so good. Ill try and get some more pictures today dan with the case off the main unit.

As for the location, the main unit is in the utility room by the back door & the thermostat is in the hall way in the centre of the house.

Thanks

Don't need to see inside the other unit.

But where is the boiler?

Looks like the programmable stat gets swapped for the heat link then the Nest goes where the sensor is using the cables.

You'll need a neutral inside the stat though.

The boiler is right above the programmer dan. But theres is also a hot water tank so im guessing the programmer does the two?? If it doesnt, am i right in saying 5 & 6 will go to 2 & 3 on the heatlink & 3 & 4 (the wires to the little box) will go to T1 & T2 to power the nest?

IMG_4245_zps42088960.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_4246_zpse62c9b5e.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_4248_zps1f285cd6.jpg
[/URL]

Nest cannot be installed with a hot water cylinder as it does not time the hot water breaking the building regulations.

The nest doesn't replace the hot water side of the programmer, that can carry on working as before with no problem.

You can either totally divorce the central heating circuit from the programmer or just set the heating programmer to be ON permanently, then the nest heatlink can be wired to replace the room thermostat, preferably mounted somewhere near the wiring centre.

A photo of the wiring centre insides (with some labels if possible) would be useful if you need more information.

Nest cannot be installed with a hot water cylinder as it does not time the hot water breaking the building regulations.

No you install Nest alongside the old programmer and leave it that there for hot water.
Far comment but there are other products on the market that offer the functionality as Nest and do time hot water..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back