Can you close Apps in Android?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I often open Chrome, and Email, and Password Mangler, and leave them open all day. From time to time I open calculator, calendar, my files, camera, gallery, a banking app, Settings, PDF reader and various apps. I don’t see how to close them individually. I have a command "close all" but I still want some of them.

Can it be done?

Sponsored Links
Don't you just press the button at the bottom of your screen with the three dots/lines then that shows all open apps from which you can close them individually or all of them?

Sponsored Links
On my Samsung I click on the three lines symbol at the bottom left of the screen. This shows all the open apps. Just swipe upwards on the apps I want to close

Yes that does work - I only found that out over the Christmas period.

I press the square at bottom of screen, then swipe up the apps I want to close

Well that's interesting. Is that somewhere in the instructions?

I think you meant, three lines? Then swipe up? The square doesn't do it.

The upward swipe after three lines did the trick, thanks

On my Samsung I click on the three lines symbol at the bottom left of the screen. This shows all the open apps. Just swipe upwards on the apps I want to close

Yes that's it, thanks

Under each app you set the battery restrictions. Some apps you want set to always on so you get notifications or connecting to devises, while others can be shutdown automatically when not in use.
Let android sort it out

Sponsored Links
Back