Candle wax on tub surround

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do we remove red candle wax from the crevices of a cultured marble (manmade \\\"plastic\\\") bathtub surround? There is also a heat mark in the same surface that we need to remove - how??
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Davephx said:
How do we remove red candle wax from the crevices of a cultured marble (manmade \\\"plastic\\\") bathtub surround? There is also a heat mark in the same surface that we need to remove - how??
Thanks!

As its in the crevices it will be awkward to remove.

I would first of all try a hot iron on top of some blotting paper, this may remove some of it...be careful you do not melt your "marble"........ :rolleyes:

Paraffin will dissolve candle wax, so you may be able to soak some up with it. Test the Paraffin on an inconspicuous area first......

or cool it down e.g. with ice cubes and it will become hard and brittle, you can then scrape and chip it off with a wooden or plastic implement such as you might use on a non-stick cooking pan.

For the heat mark see what is sold in your part of the world for cleaning kitchne sinks made of that material. Over here we have a thing called "Bar-keeper's Friend" which is a fine powder.

Next time use some kind of candleholder.

p.s. paraffin is what you call kerosene.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both of you for the information and especially the translation re kerosene . . . We've been to the UK several times but never had to get this in-depth with the translation of the English language!! Now we're smarter than before!

There is no way to get an iron anywhere near the corner of the tub surround so that is not an option. I'll try the kerosene or another product recommended called Un-du adhesive remover. We do have Bar Keeper's Friend here and I'm real familiar with it - there "should" be some here at home.

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back