Candy Aqua Viva 1000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Well so close to chrimbo the washing machine decides to play up! Sods law or what...

The problem is when turning it on to run any kind of a cycle it seems to try to power up but something then causes it to stop in its tracks with no further movement after literally a couple of seconds. There is a quick rinse option on the wash cycle dial and when switching it on with the button set to this it does spray water into the drum before it cuts out. I tried switching it to a standard wash cycle setting and it tries to start the cycle before it cuts out again. It doesn't run for long enough to tell whether the drum is able turn or not, so could it be the brushes or a belt?
The machine is quite old and has seen better days but I'd rather repair it than replace it at this time of year.

From some reading around could it possibly be the door interlock?
Would a faulty interlock cut the machine out after almost trying to start or would it just not make any attempt at starting if this was the case? I've tried listening for any clicks but heard nothing other than it trying to launch the chosen wash cycle but instantly cutting out.

I'm going to try and take the interlock out and borrow a multimeter but could someone put up an idiots guide to how I'd use the meter to test whether the interlock was indeed faulty.

The other thing I've read is if this is the issue that it could be the timer. Could someone clarify where this would be on my machine and what I should be looking for to detect if that is the culprit?

Any and all help appreciated!

I suppose so close to christmas means even if this is the part delivery wont happen till 2013.

:(

As far as my washing machine is concerned it seems the Mayan calendar got it right!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back