Candy CFS 4570 EX circulation pump not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I previously fixed, with the help of this forum, the above dishwasher which had a filling fault. Now 7 months later I have a newly developed fault, which I would love to fix :)

Basically the dishwasher starts normally and fills to the correct level, then there is a click (as if the motor is kicking in), but then nothing, the dishwasher just hangs.

I set it to test mode and the result was that the dishwasher filled and then the loud click happened, but it just hung, then after about 2 minutes it switched to heating the water but still wasn't pumping, after 10 seconds it started hissing and the tube connected to the heater was ridiculously hot, so I switched the DW off.

It seems to me that the dishwasher thinks the circulation pump is working ok, hence why it just carried on through the test cycle without reporting a fault.

I have tried: manually turning the motor in case it was stuck, testing the start capacitor (square capacitor - only one I culd find) at an electrical repair shop, cleaning a corroded conntector to the motor, took an OHMs reading from the motor (about 1800 OHMs), tested for closed circuit.

I am starting to think the motor, but there's no obvious signs of burning or smells, plus the reading seems ok?

Any ideas from any of you experts?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Had to accept defeat in the end and buy a new dishwasher :(

Voltage was getting to the motor (after the loud click), but nothing was happening. I assume the motor is dead and don't want to spend anything more on this thing. Not hard to guess the new dishwasher isn't Candy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back