candy goc58f drier Capacitor change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found the blog from 2009 where Zipper advised on changing a faulty capacitor in a candy GOC58F drier, I have the same make and model with the same fault. so copied the blog.

I have power, but setting the machine going I get a hum but the drum wont go. If I give it a push it will go until a change in the program where it gets stuck again.

I have contacted the maker and fitted a new capacitor following the blog as a guide, but now when I switch it on now the fault is worse. I still get the hum but the drum wont spin even with a push. I think I have replaced all of the parts correctly. I dont know what to do next.

Any further help would be great. B

Sponsored Links
Did you connect the wires the right way round, I would have thought it was an electrolytic capacitor which is polarity sensitive.

Doh!!

Thanks Jj, I thought I had wired it correctly but it's a really tight space and the contacts face away so are hidden. After taking a few pictures on my phone turned out I had wired both connectors on the same side.

Swapped over and now it works fine.

Great help,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back