Candy Dishwasher - strange electrical whiff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Candy CDI1012 which for a while was making a loud humming noise during water fill, and an annoying hum whilst in cycle, esp at the end when all was quiet. However, it seemed to work fine on all programs. Strangely, the humming has totally stopped now, and the unit still works fine, but has a strange electrical whiff about it. It reminds me a bit of the smell of old electrical PCBs I used to solder up as a kid. Does anyone have any theories about: 1) why the humming suddenly stopped, but machine still works, and 2) what the electrical smell might be? I have had a look at the components underneath for any signs of charring (none) and the switch PCBs, and all motors work fine. Are there any known electrical weak spots - e.g. capacitors which might explain this? My wife is afraid to use it, but as it is working OK so not technically broken, an engineer might struggle to diagnose. This is a tough one, but please help if you can!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back