Beko Dishwasher Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help?

I have Beko dishwasher that has stopped working. I first realised there was an issue when I saw that water was not draining. I removed this and then cleaned filters and dug around the drainage hole and turned back on.

Turned off cycle and found it still wasn't draining and turned back on. This time no water was being pumped and when open a little steam came from the drainage hole; this did not smell electrical so assume hot water as I found warm water when investigating.

Now the machine just hums, any ideas?

At the start I did pull some paper from the filter so assume maybe this has wrapped arounf the impeller?

Regards,

Sponsored Links
I would try and drain the water as much as possible, assuming there is still a pool of it at the bottom. Clear out as much as possible. It sounds like the impeller may be blocked or have a snag. Usually a pip or piece of glass or as you say, maybe something wrapped around it. You need to get in there and have a route around, see if you can get a finger on the impeller and give it a spin. They do not normally spin freely, they have some resistance and only kind of rotate a quarter turn with each flick. Kind of like trying to get a plane propeller started.

Worst case scenario is that it has failed and needs replacing maybe.

A good guide for replacing, or if you can't fully clean it in-situ. Removal for cleaning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back