Beko Dishwasher

You will need to tip the machine again to clear the trip switch to get the machine to work again.
This time (without manually putting water in the tub, should be empty) clear the existing programme, turn on the machine, open door after 1 to 2 minutes or so and see if it is filling with water and to check the water level. If level is correct (just above the filter) close the door to continue the programme and keep checking the level throughout the programme.
Does it ever get too high?

This will tell us if the tub is overfilling or not and eliminate certain things.

Sponsored Links
After the above checks have been made it will be necessary to remove the side panel to proceed with further testing. Are you comfortable/confident in doing so?

the water stayed at the same level, and when draining / operation it was noted it was dripping from the back, I've dropped it on its back and the cleat pipe that was going to a bladder on the side panel had a weak clip and slides off the central dish washer part with clip still attached, I've bent this back to tension and re fitted it and its sat on the part now , so far that seemed to be the issue and if is leaks again i'll get a jubilee on it

thanks again :)

Sponsored Links
Hi I m guilty of opening the unit mid cycle. The washing Machine a Beko DE2541 FW has stopped working. No lights nothing, I checked the fuse and the socket it all in working order, I unplugged but its totally dead, I manually emptied the trey Any suggestions welcome, desperate next step is to buy a new one :(

Is there a programme cancel button?
Just check again that theres definately power at the same socket the DW was plugged into.

Is the door closing properly and engaging the lock, if not then there will be no power to the control board.

I have a beko DL1243AP. Only had it since Oct 2014 and used about 5 times - xmas and big family lunches, rest of the time we wash by hand. Tried to use it this weekend and its not spraying the water. Appears to be doing something for a minute or so and then stops. Tries again but then stops and packs up for the day. Tablet not being dispensed either.

Does it empty the tub if you put a couple of cups of water in it then start a programme?
It may be necessary to cancel the previous programme first.

Last edited:
I am having the same problems as the above...DWD5412W. It was found making a droning noise when I got up in the night. Turned it off. Hadn't washed at all, no water in. I cleaned filters, checked water and drain hoses, all OK. Did 45' tipping thing. water came out (mostly on the right). turned it on again...no difference. It won't even let me cancel programme when I press and hold button as stated on the control panel. I also did put water in the DW and turned it on... fine, it drained it out but the continued to drone without filling. I am getting a bit cross with it now...Help please :unsure:

Also...where/how do I find the float switch on my dishwasher? Beko DWD5412W

Power off machine and disconnect from mains.

Tip the machine on its back, careful not to break /bend / split the inlet hose or waste hose.
There should be an access panel underneath, the float / switch etc is attached to the top side of this access plate.

Its possible either:
1. The switch has actuated and stuck keeping the drain pump continously running - check the float is clean and freely moves up and down and operates the arm to engage the switch - does the switch click on/off? Really need a meter to confirm its working properly but manually operating it may clear the fault and get the machine working again.

2. The relay on the main pcb is stuck or faulty causing the drain pump to run continously.

3. The main pcb is faulty.

Of course the fact you found water when doing the 45degree tipping trick means there is a leak from somewhere. Main inlet hose/valve, waste hose or waste connection, door seal (check side seals and bottom seal are clean and in good condition) or any of the other seals - circulation pump, drain pump, salt cap sealing ring etc... removing the under plate may shed some light on signs of rust or water stains in areas of the leak.

Last edited:
Oh Yardie, you are such a clever chap! I started to look for stuff underneath but hubby came home and ordered a new DW online...after I have spent 5 hours messing about, as he put it!! Hey ho!!! But thank you so much for your reply anyway, Yardie, I am sure others will find the information very useful. :D:D:D

Thats fine.
Stick it on gumtree free to collector, sure someone will collect it and get it out of your way for nothing!

Too late I'm afraid, Hubby, who like to jump in with both feet without looking, has paid for collection when new one is delivered.

Hi, I too am having a similar problem with my dishwasher. I have had the side off and noticed that the bottom tray fills with water quickly. I know the drain pump is working OK as a couple of cups of water gets pumped out, and I have fed the drain line into a bucket to be sure.
Obviously the tilting produces a lot of water but I am stumped as to where it is coming from. Connecting the inlet water supply seems fine, and it only leaks water when the dishwasher is in a cycle. I don't think water is entering the dishwasher itself as there is no sign of it during a cycle.mi have tried opening the door mid cycle but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and a tip for anyone else, ensure the power is off at the socket before mopping up any water from the botttom tray as I got a nasty electric shock!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back