Beko Dishwasher

My issue and solution was the same as Denviks. I have a DWD5412 dishwasher and after reading Denviks reply I remembered I'd filled the salt up a day before it stopped working. So I done the 45 degree thing and then I checked the salt, and sure enough the pot was slightly loose, Quick tighten and BINGO all good... To tighten all you need to do is take the lower basket out and tighten the large plastic ring that is located below the salt cap (I don't mean take the cap off and look for it under the cap) It is a large coller type washer, that holds the salt pot in place from above.
Hope this helps
Don't forget that just tilting the machine and getting it working again doesn't mean you've solved the issue,

Sponsored Links
I have a Beko dw602 that was stuck in emptying mode.
the problem was the drain from the dishwasher is connected to the sink waste and fat that had been poured down the sink had found its way into the dishwasher drain off, i rectified this problem by disconnecting the pipe and pouring boiling water into the pipe until the fat melted and the pipe was clear.
but still it was stuck in empty mode.
when the pipe was blocked i opened the dishwasher and water had found its way into the bottom of the machine.
my dishwasher is integrated so taking pointers from here i removed the plinth and unscrewed a panel in front of it at the bottom, inside here was about 10mm of water, i removed this water with a towel, put it back together and now its working fine.
thanks for the advice on here, very helpful saved me an £80 call out from Beko.. they would have known the solution but they need to keep their engineers in work. btw great dishwasher

Hello I have a Beko Dish washer that is stuck draining, I have checked the obvious things and its all working things clear etc.

I have put warm water into the machine and it pumps out ok, so suspecting the float switch I have stripped it down but he float switch was fine?

Out of desperation I have checked the pump and stuff but that's all ok as it is pumping ? any ideas anyone

Pressure switch and float switch need to be checked with dmm to be absolutely sure they are ok.

If they check out ok control board needs checking.

Sponsored Links
tipping the dishwasher @ 45% actually works, I was so surprised. saved me a bundle. Thanks

tipping the dishwasher @ 45% actually works, I was so surprised. saved me a bundle. Thanks
Hi jim
Although 45deg tipping actually works the problem will most certainly reoccur, the fact theres water in the base means water is leaking somewhere and not necessarily from inside the dishwasher itself, leaking inlet hose perhaps, bottom door seal is also another possibility.

after a Quick Google, i landed onto this thread with my DE2542FW , it started last night whirring but not completing empty cycle, pulled out of the unit, leaned 45 degree, ready for the water to come the feed pipe, it came from the unit somewhere on the right hand side, put back to level and put some sheet ready and it leaked from the left this time !! BUT ! it worked, all back and saved me another £200 for a replacement dishwasher ! Thanks for sharing this top tip it works a treat, who would of thought this simple!

Again, there is a reason for the flooding in the base plate and be reassured, it will happen again!

The water leaking from the left after tipping 45degrees is normal and to be expected so not to worry about that, its the leaking that expelled to the right(however this is not necessarily an indication of the location of where the leak source occurred) in the first instance to be concerned with.

we are guilty of opening the unit mid cycle, due to age of the house and the electrics, we can't run dish washer and the kettle at the same time, i suspect this may be the source of our **leak** but will keep an eye on it either way , thanks for that

That would make sense, so the problem should be solved until you do the same again.
At least you know where its come from and how to solve in future.

Ah! the problem.... not used since i tipped earlier, reconnected and fitted back... I've just come home from work to find its been loaded up and doing the same whirring noise.... so something is amiss.... any ideas after this 45 degree trick

Cancel the existing programme.
Pour a couple of litres of water inside the tub, put the machine on any wash programme, wait for at least 30-45 secs then open the door.
Has it emptied the water?

If water has emptied now close the door and continue the programme, wait for a couple of minutes then open the door, is there water in the tub? How high is the water level? Too high??? Or where it should be (approx just above the base filter tray).

Last edited:
Ok pour water into the tub again, make a mental note of the water level, this time leave the machine powered off. Look to see if the water is still there in an hour or so.

Meanwhile, check that the water inlet hose connection to the rear of the dishwasher is done up tight and correctly with no leaks.
Ensure the drain hose has no splits and connected to the waste correctly and water is not spilling out at the waste connection and running down the pipe back to the machine causing the base to fill with water. Might also be worth checking the waste is clear and not obstructed causing back pressure when attempting to pump out. Check waste hose back to machine and check main waste pipe that the hose connects to.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back