Beko Dishwasher

Ok. So I have a DW602 that has worked faultlessly for a couple years altho never uses up salt and constantly has the red S lit up? So maybe not so faultlessly :-/

We went away for a week. Returned. And it simply won't go into wash cycle.
It definitely drains OK as I can see it empty out into waste disposal.

I've tried the 45degree tilt. Lots of water came out. A little from right. Loads from left. With vain hope I thought this would "reset" the problem and away we go. We are prone to chucking in an extra item or two once it's running. Naughty.

Alas no. Audibly hear/see it drain. Can hear water going in somewhere. But no action as far as arms going etc. And no water in the base. Yet if I pull out and tip again it's flooding out predominantly left side. Little from right.

I'm a very capable diyer and plumber/electrician/engineer etc. So have no fear in attempting a fix as money's tight at the moment and washing up with a 2yr old is not fun!
Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
image.png
Mine too is a DW602 and tonight I have fixed it. I removed the bottom front panel, 4 star screws. Then I found that the following pipe was not connected. I cleaned both the internal of the flexible pipe and the part it attaches to as they were quite greasy.
2 minute job to fix but a pain to put dishwasher back in. All working splendidly now.

Hah. Amazingly I found the time to pull it out and lay it down and take the front panel off. Identical problem. With hindsight I needn't have even removed it again as I'd already emptied it the other day, but I was expecting hopelessness and a need to remove bottom panel too.
Result.
Love to know what I'd have been charged for a call out and "alleged parts" on this!

View attachment 97991 Mine too is a DW602 and tonight I have fixed it. I removed the bottom front panel, 4 star screws. Then I found that the following pipe was not connected. I cleaned both the internal of the flexible pipe and the part it attaches to as they were quite greasy.
2 minute job to fix but a pain to put dishwasher back in. All working splendidly now.

I have the same dishwasher and found that it had the exact same problem (pipe had disconnected). Did exactly as described and it is now working.

Sponsored Links
GrahamHepworth you are a star. Same dishwasher, same fault - found only by seeing your picture first. My pipe was rammed with fat and grease (kids!) which needed lots of hot water to shift. Once cleaned and refitted it works like a dream. It is now on a 70deg hot wash cycle with a Calgon tablet to give it a good clean out! Thanks again, I wish I could buy you a pint sir!

This string has just saved me a whole load of money and grief. Same symptoms of machine stopped in cycle - tipped the dishwasher backwards and a load of water came out. Tried it again and the machine filled a little and then stopped again.Took the front bottom and bottom panel off and could see that the bottom panel is effectively a drip tray with a float switch so that if there are any leaks, the machine switches off the water in and avoids a flood. I could also see that one of the smaller pipes had come off and that this was where the leak was coming from. Reattached the pipe, reassembled and all is good.
Many thanks.

View attachment 97991 Mine too is a DW602 and tonight I have fixed it. I removed the bottom front panel, 4 star screws. Then I found that the following pipe was not connected. I cleaned both the internal of the flexible pipe and the part it attaches to as they were quite greasy.

Many thanks for this info. I thought I was doomed to buying a new dishwasher after tipping 45 degrees cleared water but did not fix the problem. After reading this I opened up the machine that pipe was not connected and filled with grease. After a clean out and reattached all back working again. Really appreciate it.

Same symptoms - Beko 540W (drained but didn't fill up with water). Replaced disconnected hose. I suspect it will vibrate loose again in the future, so will probably use a small jubilee clip.
That saved a few bob :)

Don't waste your £ on a Currys "Know How" repair plan for BEKO dishwasher 4 visits and still washing up by hand - I'll not touch it myself but when the Know Now't runs out I'll DIY.

Same here......BEKO dishwasher DSFN 1532 S stuck in a draining cycle.... After tipping 45 degrees the water was cleared. I laid the machine on the right side, opened the bottom (which is also the dripping tray - 4 screws) and realised one pipe was not connected . I cut the end off (1/2in) and reattached the tube. Now working again! Hooray. Many thanks for this thread, really helpful.

upload_2017-8-26_14-6-13.png

Thank you all, my integrated Lamona 8651 (Beko rebranded) developed the same issue. After removing the plinth, and taking off the lower front panel, there was water in the drip tray and sure enough the pipe was off. Refitting the pipe and drying out cured the problem, and the DW goes through its full wash cycle.

New on this, so may not do it properly, but want to say thanks to Cakeman for his great advice. Problem Sorted..

Had same problem with Beko DE 2542 FW inset dishwasher. Ran constantly but no water intake and would not shut down (had to pull plug).
slid DW out, put it on its side and removed base plate(4 screws on base, loosened 2x side panel screws at rear bottom).
As others have stated I found a hose disconnected. (wasn't too obvious as behind larger black hose)
CONTITUBE's picture above is almost identical to position of mine.
Seems a common problem. (The plastic hose boss should have been manufactured with a ridge and the spring hose clip is clearly poor quality as not much spring too it).

Recently fitted a new slimline integrated Beko dishwasher for a lady friend. Bit of a nightmare having to chop away a cabinet to create a space. Also had to extend both the inlet water pipe and waste. Fortunately there was a spare inlet on the sink waste. Unfortunately I didn't remove the plug in the waste connector. (Brain Dead!).Subsequently on the first trial run of the dishwasher the machine couldn't empty . After removing the plug the machine completely emptied but a fault light came up on the control panel (flashing P1). Every time the door was shut the pump would run and not cutout, even when there was no water in the machine. Rang Beko who said leave it 2 hours and hold the P button for 10 secs. No difference. Rang Beko again and they said an engineer would have to be booked. Before agreeing to this, decided to check on line and found this site. Was going to take the machine out and tilt it backwards 45deg but saw that the front lower plate was removable. I could see the water in the base and removed it with a small sponge. I lowered the front feet to make the water flow to the front. Replaced the plate and bingo! the machine worked perfectly. May thanks to all the contributors on this brilliant forum.

Had the same problem for a while on a Beko DL1243W Dishwasher. Flood switch was activated so tilted machine back and water came out. Small pipe had popped off so I refitted it.. A few weeks later same thing. Fitted pipe back with Jubilee clip. That lasted another week then same again. Refitted it and 2 days later water in base but the pipe was still fitted so I decided to take off the side panel to see where the pipe was connect to. Could see brown gunge in pipe so took it out of machine and cleaned.. Hopefully problem sorted, I can't make out what this pipe does as it connect to the transparent cavity which goes to a hole near the inside top of the machine. At the bottom of this transparent Cavity there is also a large open hole for water to drip into the bas of the unit so I can't make out what the pipe it for and why there is so much pressure to pop it off.

And here are some pics of the gunge..

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back