Candy Grand O 1282 8 flashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My candy grand O 1282 washing machine gets part way through a cycle and then stops with the lights flashing in sequences of 8. I'd be very grateful if anyone knows what this is trying to tell me? Thanks, David.

Sponsored Links
Fault codes are only a guide. 8 flashes can indicate a motor tacho problem (open or short circuit on the tacho or associated wiring). In the worst event it could also be a pcb issue. You could try removing the motor & check the tacho coil resistance. 3 different motors types were used in the production this model: A Ceset motor tacho should read 42 ohms - Hoover motor 156 ohms - & Sole motor 184 ohms. You should also check for a loose shaft magnet at the same time. The tacho assembly is fitted to the non-drive end of the motor, it has 2 thin leads out to the motor plug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back