candy grando go 282 flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my daughters candy grand go 282 which is almost new, very little used, during wash cycles, it stops, and the stain lcd, and the 90 m lcd flash, 3 times, then go off, then repeat., while its been dodgy, we have tried rinsing without cloths in the drum, and it worked ok, other times it just stops, on the hotter wash, it runs for about 1.5 hrs, then the lights flash, and the wash stops, any ideas please. ( both my and my daughters machines out of action now ) help !!

Sponsored Links
Drain issue...
Check the filter for junk, coins etc & make sure the drain hose isn't kinked/blocked.

my daughters candy grand go 282 which is almost new, very little used, during wash cycles, it stops, and the stain lcd, and the 90 m lcd flash, 3 times, then go off, then repeat., while its been dodgy, we have tried rinsing without cloths in the drum, and it worked ok, other times it just stops, on the hotter wash, it runs for about 1.5 hrs, then the lights flash, and the wash stops, any ideas please. ( both my and my daughters machines out of action now ) help !!

many thanks for your fast answer zipper, today, i stripped down the entire waste, from the drum to the drain, even split the pump, and nothing was found ( this is an ex display model, and i believe that only i have used it in testing ) so i put it onto a rinse programme, and low and behold, it ran throu complete, no problems, so, i decided to put in a quick wash, this was going fine,un till the first drain, before it starts its rinses. it pumped out the initial amount, with the drum revoling in its sequence, but the pump kept on chugging, as if looking for water, after a couple of mins doing this, the wash aborted, and the three flashing light sequence started, any other suggestions please, many thanks

Hmmm...There have been some instances of a false "drain timeout" on these models caused by a slight current leakage to earth from the heater element. Not enough to trip the rcd but enough to confuse the pcb into throwing up an error code. A drain timeout fault will always halt the wash program so I suggest you try the following; Power off, remove the backplate & disconnect the 2 heater terminals. Insulate the spade ends & tie them well out of the way of moving parts. Then run the shortest heat program & see what happens. You will almost certainly see a no-heat error code on the display, usually E14 (14 flashes) but it won't halt the program as an E3 error does. If it runs ok without stopping the program & showing an E3 error then change the heater element. If it does throw up an E3 then its back to the drawing board I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have the same machine and the same problem. One thing I have noted though is that it nearly always affects my wife using the machine and rarely me. The difference between us is that she likes to cram the machine as full as possible, so possibly linked to overloading. We generally use the same wash programme (mixed fabrics at 30 degrees).

The work-around we use is to turn the dial indicator to off, wait a minute or so and put on rinse cycle (by the time the error occurs the wash cycle has already run through I think). This almost always works first time. Perhaps this does imply a heating element fault as the rinse cycle presumably runs without heating the water.

Hmmm...There have been some instances of a false "drain timeout" on these models caused by a slight current leakage to earth from the heater element. Not enough to trip the rcd but enough to confuse the pcb into throwing up an error code. A drain timeout fault will always halt the wash program so I suggest you try the following; Power off, remove the backplate & disconnect the 2 heater terminals. Insulate the spade ends & tie them well out of the way of moving parts. Then run the shortest heat program & see what happens. You will almost certainly see a no-heat error code on the display, usually E14 (14 flashes) but it won't halt the program as an E3 error does. If it runs ok without stopping the program & showing an E3 error then change the heater element. If it does throw up an E3 then its back to the drawing board I'm afraid.

many thanks again zipper, i disconected the two terminals from the thermo, but not the earth, and ran it on a rapid wash @ 50o, and it ran all the way through. but i did not get any error code for the thermo at all during this process. the heater has been working fine in the test washes , but i am happy to go forward and replace it if you think that it will solve the problem, heres hoping, regards from a grateful novice

But you didn't see an E3 error & the program didn't abort...right?
You ought to have seen a no-heat error, I don't have an answer why not but that's beside the point. As long as it didn't throw up an E3 then I think I would bite the bullet & change the element regardless. A slight current leakage wouldn't stop the heater from functioning but it might confuse the pcb into throwing up a false drain error. Post the full model details on the nameplate & I'll give you a part number/link to spares.

But you didn't see an E3 error & the program didn't abort...right?
You ought to have seen a no-heat error, I don't have an answer why not but that's beside the point. As long as it didn't throw up an E3 then I think I would bite the bullet & change the element regardless. A slight current leakage wouldn't stop the heater from functioning but it might confuse the pcb into throwing up a false drain error. Post the full model details on the nameplate & I'll give you a part number/link to spares.

thanks again zipper, the model is a candy grand o GO282/1-80
SERIAL NO IS 3100250708520804 REGARDS, MIKE

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washing-machines/hoover/p/1085/107/0/0/1250460/washing-machine-heater.html

great work zipper, purchased a new element, and touch wood, i have had 6 or 7 complete washes without any problems,, thanks again, you do a great job on here, and save everyone stress and cash, regards mike

Can anyone help with a problem I have with the same machine? It's a Candy Go 282, 3 years old. When I turn it on and try to press the option buttons (spin speed/fast wash/allergy care etc) the LEDs change to the desired option and then revert back. I have to keep pressing the options I want and then quickly press 'Start'. This has been happening for month and didn't bother me, but just now the washing machine heated to what felt like 90 degrees on a 30 degrees wash. I still have the free 5 year parts guarantee. If I want an engineer to look at it it's £119 for a visit, the machine cost £260.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back