Candy O washing machine fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me. As above, I have a problem with this machine. A few times over the past say 2 months I've been going to get the washing and found the machine has not carried out the spin part of the cycle. If I tried setting a program to just spin, the drum would rotate but not at set RPM, i.e very slow. If I removed towels and set to spin it would work fine. It would only ever do this when I washed towels so I thought maybe it was a weight issue albeit I would never cram a heavy load in anyway. This seemed to work but now it's stopped altogether. Went to machine and the door security light was flashing and the drum had only parcially drained. I set program to drain and pressed start. The door security light continued flashing and machine did not start up. I've switched off at the wall and tried different programs but I got nothing.

I'm plenty competent at stripping and repairing things just never done a watching machine. Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
To start with check the filter for blockages & the motor brushes for excessive wear.
You also need to post the model details on the door sticker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back