Candy washer dryer not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help? I have a Candy CMD136 washer dryer and just recently the dryer stopped working. The drum goes around and the timer works. It sounds like it is doing a normal dry cycle, but the clothes are not dring at all. I have heard that it may be the thermostat covered in fluff/dust. I have opened the machine and had a look but havnt a clue what i am looking for. But i could see that there was no fluff anywhere. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
I've got the same problem, of course this happened a few days after the warranty ran out gah!

I've also noticed that the water when washing isn't heating up either, so perhaps my element has gone?

I've heard that there may be a thermostat reset button type thing but like you have no idea what I'm looking at, just don't have the money to call an engineer out at the moment.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

This happens occasionally on my washer dryer if it is overheated on dry mode, the overheat thermostat on my machine is just under the lid on the flat pipe covered in silver insulation (this is the hot air feed to the drum with the heating elements in it). The thermostat is on this pipe, it's a small white rectangular piece with a red reset button in the middle. I just push this down and its ready to go again once the load is reduced.
Make sure that you're machine is plugged out & that you're competent and qualified to do repairs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back