Cannot Rod drain - CONFUSED!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have had my drain flushed from this drain which keeps getting blocked. see pics.

With sheer luck, I sometimes manage to get my rods through. But I have to insert one, and then another at the same time for one to get through before I can start adding more rods.

My question is why do the rods not just go in? Is there some kind of flap on the pipe stopping the rods?

If I have regular blockages, would this indicate I have a collapsed drain or something

I don't have an inspection chamber and the svp is boxed-in in the kitchen (kitchen door is visible in pic)

Sponsored Links
The drain itself is a clay thing with 2 holes in the side.

The pipe connected to it runs in line with it I think and straight across to the kitchen to join the svp

You really need to find the inspection chamber and rod from there, are you sure this is a roddable gully?

39842.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have rodded from this drain before. And when i got a drain guy to flush it out. He used this same drain.

There is no inspection chamber to locate. When the house had new kitchen made. Builders never put one in.

Get it jetted out and stop pouring grease, fat and oil down the sink.

Andy

Thats not even possible as we bottle up old oil and discard. But why will rods not go into pipe? Is there a technique or something i am not doing properly? I manages to put rods all the way through. I took them out and now they wont go in again

I have finally managed to rod drain as far as it lets me. But i want to understand what obstructs the rod from going in

If you post a video from an inspection camera I'm sure someone will point out what it is that's preventing them from going straight in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back