Can't connect dishwasher to water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got a new dishwasher & thought it would be as easy to connect as the old one was to disconnect, however, on the new one the pipe for the water to go to the dishwasher has a brass female thread & the water pipe I need to connect it to has a male plastic thread!

I've tried to connect it but it keeps crossthreading & I gave up as I dont want the thread to completely disappear.

Is there some sort of connection that has a brass connection one side & plastic the other that I can use to connect it? Or has anyone got any suggestions of what I can do?

My wifes not very pleased with a dishwasher in the middle of the kitchen & Ive had a lot of earache!! :(

Sponsored Links
should screw straight on if the old one came off.
or you have buggered the threads.

is it a proper washing machine valve you have ?
as you say it has a plastic thread.

It was previously plastic to plastic & had been there some years. The person who sold us the house left it all plumbed in, but the dishwasher, too date, must have been about 6 or more years old & died of old age.

I assume the plastic screw thread on the tap I want to fix it to is imperial, possibly 3/4" & the new hose from the dishwasher is brass & probably metric, possibly 22mm if thats the standard size of the end of these hoses.

Sponsored Links
I'll have to try that at home..................as I'm supposed to be working at the moment!! :LOL:

the standard size is 3/4" bsp
if you getting the other end on and its cross threading then they are both 3/4" you won't get a 1/2" to go on a 3/4".

for a couple of pounds you can buy a new metal washing machine tap. if you have a couple of big adjustable spanners and a roll of PTFE tape you can easily fit it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back