3/4" male to female plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I needed to make a mains water connection to an MDPE pipe using an adapter with a 3/4" female plastic socket.

The standard brass 22mm to 3/4" male only has a short thread about 12 mm which is not long enough to make a good safe connection to the plastic thread.

Are other brass adapters available with a longer thread or any other suggestions?

Will a 22 x 22 compression coupler fit?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Conex (302B), Prestex (42W) and Kuterlite (611LB).
All are parallel thread as they are primarily tank connectors. Threads = 38mm IIRC.

kuterlite-611lb-15mm-coupling-.jpg

How about using a female adaptor plus a running nipple?

Anyway, what's wrong with a 25 X 22mm coupler?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Charnwood.

The reason for not using a 25/22 coupler is that to keep the costs down for myself and my friendly customers I buy job lots of fittings at markets etc. and most are the standard couplers, tees and adapters to female threads.

Looking at the female adapters it looks a simple job until you then look at what is being supplied as 22mm to 3/4" male.

Tony

If I had then I would not realise just how useful they were and pass them by!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back