Cant decide over white, or Irish oak windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a bit of advice really, looking to replace 10 x windows in the house we've bought, and until recently assumed white was the obvious choice. But a family a few doors up the road have had Irish oak upvc windows fitted, and they look great (in my opinion). Our house style isnt the most attractive out there, and I cant decide over white, or Irish oak frames. I know of the additional cost of approx 25% for the windows themselves.

Will Irish oak be 'dated' in a few years time? Just after some advice really, as cant decide.

Sponsored Links
You can have windows sprayed whatever colour you like nowadays so your not just limited to white or the wood finishes, grey is popular at the minute, RAL7016, Irish oaks quite nice as is English oak, same colour but different grain pattern, light oak or cherry looks pants IMO, chavvy!

Light Oak is the new Golden Oak (a bit lighter and nicer IMO)
I have to say I have yet to see a house with Golden Oak windows that didn't look good, It seems to go with any color of bricks or paint. I haven't yet done or seen enough Irish Oak (its still quite new) to know if the same can be said but I haven't seen any that look out of place yet.

Here is a before and after of of a door I did recently
IMG_9664_zpsbf10rqb1.jpg

Thanks guys

Gazman, door looks great. Heres a link to the house up the road from me, not the prettiest of houses to start with (1930's build) and the guy has done load to it, extension, front porch etc but these are the windows I like. What do you think? (am assuming your a window fitter?). Do you like the colour with the style house?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36392136.html

Sponsored Links
Download 'yourpad' from the app store on your phone/tablet, there you can take a picture of your frontage and super impose different coloured frames/fascias/ guttering, quite handy if you need help picturing your property with different coloured frames

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back